ORN Webinar – Maximising Opportunities for Outdoor Learning19th October 2020
In our role as Secretariat, Outscape facilitated an Outdoor Recreation Network Webinar entitled ‘Maximising Opportunities for Outdoor Learning’
This webinar explored how COVID-19 has been a catalyst for dramatic change in many aspects of our lives, including learning. With children having returned to school across the UK and Ireland, this webinar shared good practice on the opportunities provided by outdoor learning to maximise educational benefits within the constraints of social distancing guidelines.
This webinar was kindly made available to the entire sector. In addition, the resources are available to the wider industry.
- Engaging Children and Young People in the Outdoors…. Back to the Future – Fiona Groves, The Wildlife Trusts
- Turning Learning Inside Out – Anne Hunt, Council for Learning Outside the Classroom
- Wales – a little country but lots going on! – Karen Clarke, Natural Resources Wales
- The Nature Premium Campaign – Sara Collins, Forest School Association
- Developing Assessment Outdoors – Matt Harder, Forest School Association
- Extending the Learning environment; removing the barriers – Natalie White, East Ayrshire Council
Please note this webinar was presented live on 14th October 2020 and therefore should be taken in content of COVID-19 lockdown restrictions at that time.
The ORN Welcome Pack provides further information on the benefits of ORN membership.