Client: Doran Consulting for Ards and North Down Borough Council
To scope, design and develop concept trails for a walking and family cycling network within Cairn Wood, Craigantlet.
To provide design oversight and construction supervision for the development of Phase 1 and 2 walking and family cycling network within Cairn Wood, Craigantlet.
- Undertake site visits and supporting desk research to identify an appropriate route.
- Assess the condition of the existing trail infrastructure, identifying any furniture, access points, points of interest and determining the best line on the ground for the proposed route.
- Prepare a concept plan of the trail network indicating trail heads and trail corridors.
- Develop a concept Trail Design Report including GIS mapping and indicative development and management costs.
Following development of the concept design for the extension and enhancement of the existing trails at Cairn Wood in 2019, ORNI has been retained to provide a design supervisory role on behalf of the client team for Phase 1 and 2. This includes:
- Reviewing and signing off of all trail design documentation
- Undertaking interim site visits during and following the build period to ensure quality and suitability of the constructed trail network
- Carrying out snagging inspections with the contractor and client