Client: Ards & North Down Borough Council and Peninsula Healthy Living Partnership
Approximate Cost: £6000
To undertake a review of current community trail provision on the Ards Peninsula and identify at least four new trails to develop.
The first Community Trail Plan for the Ards Peninsula was prepared in 2014 with 22 trails across 9 villages identified as having development potential. This was subsequently reviewed in 2019 with additional trails being prioritised. Since 2014, a total of 5 community trails have been developed.
This project seeks to review all studies and work that has gone before, and –
- Highlight the unique barriers to developing community trails on the Ards Peninsula
- Recognise the limitations in past approaches
- Refine the definition of a community trail – specific to the Ards Peninsula
- Develop a new approach to community trail identification, prioritisation and development
- Expand the scope to include all settlements on the Ards Peninsula
- Re-consult with active and engaged community groups, organisations and individual representatives
- Identify at least 4 new community trails deemed feasible for development
Local Community Associations & Groups
Ards & North Down Borough Council and Peninsula Healthy Living Partnership