Client: Northern Ireland Environment Agency & SportNI (Strategic Partners)
To act as secretariat and facilitate 2-3 meetings of the National Outdoor Recreation Forum (NORF) per annum
To act as secretariat and facilitate 2-3 meetings of the National Outdoor Recreation Forum (NORF) per annum.
NORF was established as an action from the The Outdoor Recreation Action Plan for Northern Ireland. The forum sits outside Government and provides a clear and joined up voice for dealing with issues that cannot be resolved at a local level.
The membership is comprised of (but not limited to):
- National Governing Bodies of Sport for outdoor sports
- Landscape management bodies
- Education Centres and organisations including the education for Sustainable Development Forum
- Landowner representatives – Ulster Farmers Union and NI Agricultural Producers Association
- The DofE Award Scheme
- National Trust
- Rural Community Network
- Local Authority Countryside Officers
NORF has an independent Chairperson.