Client: Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
In response to growing safety concerns and requests for minor improvements for sea swimmers at Newcastle Harbour, Outscape have been appointed to undertake an independent review and explore opportunities for improving the function, safety and experience.
Outscape’s tasks are to:
- Clarify land ownership at the Harbour
- Clarify the needs or ‘wants’ of the sea swimming community
- Understand the ability of the Council to fulfil these ‘wants’
- Identify issues associated with sea swimming from both a participant and land manager perspective
- Identify potential solutions to address these issues based on industry guidance and comparable examples of good practice
The above will be achieved through extensive 1-2-1 consultation with swimmers, land managers and other key stakeholders including RNLI and Swim Ulster.
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council